Hello, dear readers of my blog. Today we will review the social networking safety tips. Today, social networks are becoming more popular, new users register every day in such networks as, Facebook, Twitter, and others. In social networks, people can communicate, exchange photos and video.
And the more popular these resources are, the more interest the fakes show to them, and the more dangerous it becomes to use them. In order to safe from hackers, spammers and scammers who steal personal data, you need to know the rules of social networking safety tips.
11 social networking safety tips
- When registering in a social network, it is better to think up a random password consisting of at least 6-7 characters. The password from your account on the social network and the password from the e-mail should not coincide. This will make it difficult for hackers. And if the passwords are different, then you can send a password to your email from your account. Best of all, if for each site on the network you will have different passwords.
- To access social networks, use only common and proven browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox. Do not forget to also install updates for your operating system and for the browser. The same applies to the firewall and antivirus. All these precautions will help you to increase your level of security in social networks.
- Never accept or install unknown files from people you do not know. Do not open suspicious messages that contain links to unknown resources, and never click on these links. Scammers can promise you anything, including pictures of naked celebrities, do not fall for their bait.
- Do not install applications for social networks that supposedly allow you to find work, download music, videos and more if you are not sure about the security of these applications. Often during installation, they ask for login and password from your account. All these are the tricks of hackers who are trying to get access to your account.
- Try not to access your accounts on social networks from other people’s computers. Even if you trust this person. It can happen that there is a Trojan on his computer that will send the data to your hacker about your account.
- Carefully place information about yourself on social networks. Often scammers hack into accounts using the button “Forgot your password?“. Which offers an answer to a secret question. These questions are standard, and the user can answer them by carelessness on this page. Therefore, if the social network allows. It is better to come up with your own, original secret question.
- Sometimes messages sent to you supposedly by your friends can be sent by intruders who hacked their accounts. Therefore, if the message seems suspicious or contains a suspicious link. Contact your friend directly or by phone to make sure that the message has actually come from him.
- Do not allow social networks to scan your e-mail address book in order not to disclose the addresses of your friends.
- To access the social network, use the browser’s address bar directly or a bookmark. If you go to a social network via a random link from the Internet, you can go to a fake site that steals personal information.
- Watch who you add to your friends. Often scammers try to find out information that is only available to your friends.
- Try not to use social networks in your workplace. A social network can become a source of viruses or spyware that can corrupt office equipment or lead to loss of information. It constitutes a trade secret of your company.
So, we have considered the 11 social networking safety tips. Follow these 11 simple rules and everything will be in order.